Aug 15, 2012

Birds- Yawning Anhinga


Birds have wonderful expressions that we could relate to human expressions. Yawning! I have observed, especially the cormorants and anhingas keep yawning or whatever act it is looks like a big yawn! See for yourself- This anhinga perched a bit high on a small tree was caught in the act!

This picture was taken at Everglades National Park, Florida.

And Happy Independence day to all Indians. And my salute to all the Independence heroes who are popular, not so popular, unknown. And also I salute the post independence heroes who are sacrificing their life to keep India safe.
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

Click HERE to read more pictures of birds.

This post is linked to Wild Bird Wednesday.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

11 comments:

  1. Very nice bird - I'm going to post an image of the same bird (I think) in a couple of posts - although mine is not yawning! I like the way people can watch the same birds in different parts of the world.

    Thanks for the link to WBW.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautifully captured

    happy independence day

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great image!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nicely timed. Beautiful pic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect click.

    www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much guys for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like afternoon, and surely the bird doesn't find anything fancy, so there it yawns. Almost Human :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.