Aug 17, 2012

Colorful Skies- Volcanoes behind the mist


Isn't it fun when you cannot see where is the sky, where is the land and where you are heading to? Everything is covered with fog! Yes! That happened to me when I went Hiking down Haleakala Volcano in Haleakala National Park in Maui. I could see only the part of trail where I was keeping my foot and rest nothing. Once a while the fog got cleared for snapshots of these cinder cones. I hear, on clear days this landscape looks like from the Moon! Well, even on foggy day it wasn't looking any less than landscape from Moon!
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

Click HERE to read more articles about Hawaii.

This post linked to Skywatch Friday and Photo Friday.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

17 comments:

  1. What fun hiking on the crater. Cool photo! I have been there and it was so cold and we did not have coats. Great memories, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a magical shot. It is wonderful how the sky and mountains blend together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like 'Swarga' on Dharthi !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ... that is very true! Thank you Mr Ramakrishan for your kind words!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, mysterious and magical indeed!! What a wonderful adventure, Kusum!! Wonderful capture for the day! Thanks for sharing the wonder with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place! Happy skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looked like vapours from hot lava. and the cup shaped volcanoe looks so mysterious! This must have been quite an memorable one. Your own moon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Yeah, my own Moon in my part of sky :)

      Delete
  7. It must be dangerous at that height.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although I don't agree that it looks much like the moon, it certainly reminds me of some of the photos coming back from Mars! Lovely shot--thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was there it was much clearer, but this light lends an otherworldly feeling to this photo. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo! I do like the fog, it makes the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, i've experienced them while trekking down the Snowdonia mountains in North wales. That's an ultimate experience..

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.