Nov 7, 2012

Birds- Yes! Got it!

Everglades National Park in Florida is a birder's paradise. Here, beautiful birds surround you. One evening, I was returning from a guided tour and I saw this cormorant diving. I noticed it returned back from the dive few feet away with its catch! It was getting dark and I got a semi-silhouette of the bird-with-catch!

---

Leave a comment to share your thoughts :)

For more pictures of Birds click HERE.

This post is linked to Wild Bird Wednesday.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License

Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

18 comments:

  1. Perfect shot.

    www.rajniranjandas.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your timing was good to get this nice picture! One of my favorite areas about two hours from where I live. -- Wally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wally! Yeah, Everglades is one fantastic place to watch crocs and Anhingas!

      Delete
  3. what do you think it picked up? I had a similar photo (not a close as yours), a long while ago and it looked similarly as if a prawn/shrimp type catch rather than a fish. Or is it a fish with weed wrapped around it perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't exactly look like shrimp. But could be something similar. My earlier guess was sea slug, but they tend to be very colorful it seems. I don't have any idea. But not fish wrapped up :)

      BTW, welcome to my blog :) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  4. How splendid! I too, am wondering what the catch was, looks pretty big...kind of shrimpysluggy, must have been good though~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Mary for your kind words. The catch is more talked about than the bird ha ha ...

      Delete
  5. a simple but well executed image

    Like it alot

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.