Dec 30, 2012

Random Thoughts- A safe world for our daughters!


Swami Vivekananda once said long long ago ... A country becomes developed only when its citizens start respecting women. I wonder where India stands in this regard. 

The government has to provide security to all its citizens- women, children and men. But, as parents we should teach our sons to respect women and teach our daughters to be tough enough to protect themselves. Harsh punishment for molestation is a must, but then in my opinion- bringing out gentlemen from our young boys is much more effective. When father disrespects mother, son thinks he is powerful and daughter thinks she is born to be a victim. When parents and grandparents discriminate between sons and daughters, son thinks he is privileged and the daughter sulks.  And some such sons grow up to be devils ...

Let us protest and also help the woman protest against an eve teaser when we see it happening around us. Lets have a safe world for our sisters and daughters. 

I dedicate this post not only to one but to all those sisters who went through the agony of rape by the sick monsters!

Pic: The little girl was my neighbor. She happily played in my backyard :)
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

Click HERE to see more posts of Random Thoughts.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

8 comments:

  1. If everyone shared your thoughts then the world would be a better and safer place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope and prey people start thinking alike. Lets have a safer world.

      Delete
  2. Well said Kusum.I share your sentiments and thoughts. RIP Nirbhaya. Hope this new social awakening amongst youth will result in India becoming a safer place for women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Ramakrishnan. My heart cries for all those women including who went silent. I wish all victims must come out loud and protest.

      Delete
  3. beautiful post... My heart goes out to that poor girl & her family...
    Sometimes it is so hard to keep the faith and remember that most people are good... :-(
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year...
    I am a new follower of your blog. .. I look forward to reading more from you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And welcome to my blog.
      Happy New Year :)

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful post and I hope things change.. Hearing the account of that young woman was horrific...how.. but we see violence all over the world... Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, violence is seen all over the world. When it happens in the neighborhood it brings chills in the backbone! Lets hope and bring some change ... as much as possible!

      Delete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.