Jan 5, 2013

Photography- I wish I had a better camera!



I wish I had a better camera ... I have heard this from many. Yes! It is everyone's wish to have a cool camera in hand which takes great pictures. But, the reality is- good pictures are the result of good use of the camera than a 'good' camera!

Okay okay ... the expensive cameras definitely have many settings which could be used to get most out of present conditions, like low light, bright light, choice of lenses, control of DoF etc. Many a times I have seen people using DSLRs in 'Auto' mode! Once, one of my colleagues said, your camera is expensive but not good. I asked him- what makes you say that? His answer was- See, through my camera I can see so much of the scene and also I can zoom, but in yours I can see very less and it doesn't zoom ... I was relieved- Oh! Really?! Reality was- he was using his kit lens 18-55mm, and I had my 100mm prime!

Well, moral of the story is ... definitely expensive cameras when used 'rightly' produce exceptional images. If we don't understand it then :( So, while upgrading make sure you have made use of your current equipment to full of its capacity. Understand what are the shortcomings and what extra you need in the new equipment. Buy something that fits your needs.

My favorite is my point-and-shoot Canon G12, a light and convenient camera which is safe to carry while solo-backpacking/budget traveling. I have two unedited pictures for comparison ... Well, this is my opinion, when you want something listen to your heart :)

Pic: North Falls from Silver Falls State Park, Oregon, USA
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

Click HERE to read more about Photography.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

10 comments:

  1. You are so right. Before my last trip I went to visit my brother who is a terrific photographer to ask whether I should buy a better camera than my basic Fuji finepix. He then showed me so many things I could do with my 'simple' digital camera that until I can use it correctly it would be a complete waste of money to buy a new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, p-a-s cameras are loaded with so many features. They are pretty good!

      Delete
  2. I fully agree. An expensive camera is of no use unless you understand all the feature and know which feature to use when. If you don't then the pics will turn out very ordinary. However with a simple camera you can actually take extra ordinary pics. Like I do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ... so true Mr. Ramakrishnan! You really take extra ordinarily interesting pictures!

      Delete
  3. I like the one taken by G11 better than by 50D! Handy, lightly, and easy to carry is another asset when traveling! I personally invest in lens, prime lens preferably, than camera body.
    Very interesting post and thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Yoshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, G-series have built-in ND filter and see the color of green! But, not being able to change lenses is a drawback!

      Delete
  4. I liked the dslr one better. Well but I have no clue about cameras. But nevertheless I love all your pics Kusum. Next time, will pay more attention to the details of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I heard from few people so got an idea about posting it.

      Delete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.