Mar 22, 2013

Colorful Skies- Sunset at Point Reyes Lighthouse


Point Reyes NAtional Seashore Lighthouse

One of the most beautiful lighthouses I have ever seen! Listed in National Register of Historic Places (USA), Point Reyes Lighthouse was established in Dec 1870. Point Reyes Seashore being a popular tourist attraction the lighthouse gets great number of visitors. 

Point Reyes seashore is windiest and foggiest on the Pacific coast as per records it seems. I had to take a chilliest evening all alone for this picture. And then I was very scared driving back on that very lonely road. Stupidest thing is ... I get to remember all the scary episodes of television crime series when I am in such places!!

In the picture there is no sky at all, it is the reflection of afterglow of sunset on the Pacific ocean. Due to the long exposure the ripples and waves in the water are evened out. It almost looks like sky! 
---

Leave a comment to share your thoughts :)

Related articles-
Point Reyes National Seashore
More Skywatch pictures.

This post linked to Skywatch Friday.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

35 comments:

  1. Very beautiful photo for SWF!Thank you for it and have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live out here in Northern California and Pt. Reyes is very nice, indeed. Beautiful, almost haunting photo! :) Have a nice w/end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Northern California is beautiful with Mt Shasta around. Thanks Misty.

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes! A beautiful, haunting capture indeed!! Really breathtaking capture, Kusum!! Thanks for sharing the beauty! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvia. Poit Reyes is really one beautiful place n earth!

      Delete
  4. I love lighthouses, cool capture for your skywatch! Happy Skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. did you climb down to take a closer look? somehow we found that november is a good time to visit. or we just got lucky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go down to the lighthouse. I was there past sunset so that I could see the illuminated lighthouse. Past sunset is dark and cold and windswept!

      Delete
  6. Great photo!! I like the nighttime angle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely!. I love lighthouses, and your photo is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lighthouse shot, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the different vantage you used on this and how you used the light. Great creative post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yogi. The view from the top is best to see this lighthouse.

      Delete
  10. What a dreamy photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lady Fi. Actually taking this photo was my dream.

      Delete
  11. That is very well taken. Wondering the heights you were in to take the shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indrani! Hmm, I was standing above 300 steps which is equivalent to 30 stories per National Seashore records :)

      Delete
  12. lovely photo. i love the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Indeed it is a lovely lighthouse!

      Delete
  13. I loved that angle. Nice shot Kusum.

    http://rajniranjandas.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful light house,seems like it's at the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thomas! Yes, its kind of end-of-the-world!

      Delete
  15. Beautiful capture, I wonder if visitors are allowed into the lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, visitors are allowed here. There is a visitor center too!

      Delete
  16. Fog makes me feel irrationally nervous. I like being able to see where I am and where I'm going.

    But I like looking at pictures of it and this one is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous picture, Kusum. We've been thinking of visiting Point Reyes one of these days. Sometime soon, I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Divya. You should visit this place it is really beautiful. Go before 4:30PM to see the inside of the lighthouse.

      Delete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.