Mar 12, 2014

Urban Wildlife- A little monkey who tried blowing a balloon!



For the last couple of months I had been living in Vadodara, Gujarat my favorite place next to Bangalore. Since my parents are along I am doing great deal of pilgrimage :) Well, that is a whole different story and has nothing to do with this little monkey. Only that I met the little one in one of the temples.

Urban Wildlife Monkeys

As usual Hindu temples are incomplete without a bunch of monkeys hanging around and also a temple visit is incomplete without getting chased or robbed by a monkey :) They are Urban Wildlife! We entered the temple complex of Mata Bala Tripura Sundari of Bahucharji, a shaktipeeth where a part of Devi Sati's hand is believed to be fallen. So- we saw a family of monkeys running around. 

Urban Wildlife Monkeys

I was watching with amusement and this little monkey who is the honored subject of this post, stole a balloon from a balloon-man which indeed bursted by the touch of little monkey's nail. Startled by the sudden burst and the accompanying noise, little monkey first threw the flat balloon away. Then picked it up and tried to blow air into it!

Urban Wildlife Monkeys

It tried and tried hard to blow it, biting and running around, changing the seating positions around its mother who was patiently watching all the drama but pretending to ignore. Well, may be the little one got tired and at last sat for few minutes looking at that green piece of shattered balloon. 

Urban Wildlife Monkeys

I stood there watching them and clicked few pictures. I was distracted by my mother who was waiting for me to be in the fast growing line. At last the Mommy Monkey decided to take a leave and the little monkey followed still holding the balloon! 
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts and constructive feedback. If you have enjoyed this article then connect with Google+, Twitter, Facebook or subscribe through email for more exciting updates!

More on Travel Talk-
Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary
Bishnoi and Pali- Villages in Rajasthan
Why eat street food?
Jog Falls- The pride of Karnataka
Interesting India- Holy Mice!

This post is linked to Nature Notes.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

8 comments:

  1. What a cute little guy! I bet you could watch him for hours with that balloon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I could watch him for hours! That little one was so adorable that I could bring him home!

      Delete
  2. Monkeys definitely keep people intrigued with their acts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are righ Niranjan! They keep people occupied one or the other way :)

      Delete
  3. I hope one day this little one will be able to blow one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Someday he will sell the balloons too! Very smart guy!

      Delete
  4. What a smart little guy. He watched and learned.. Too cute and lovely photos of Mom and youngster Kusum...Michelle

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.