Jan 30, 2013

Flowerscapes- A tiny flower from backyard



When I open my door I get the sight of a garden full of tiny colorful flowers and a green lawn. Instead of going out in search of subjects I thought of clicking macro shots in my backyard itself. I tried many different angles and I liked this one the most. It is Himalayan Geranium, a perennial plant and is beautiful with blue petals, white centre and the deep dark veins! Also called as Lilac Cranesbill, grows in California too!
---

Leave a comment to share your beautiful thoughts :)

Click HERE to see more pictures of wildflowers.

This post is linked to Nature Notes and Macro Monday.

If you want pictures please ask me :)
---
Creative Commons License
Scrapbook- A Travel Blog by Kusum Sanu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

16 comments:

  1. Oh this is so lovely Kusum..there is something about flowers and this color that makes me smile though our cold rainy day here...Thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I am glad my flower pic makes you smile :) Isn't it a great feeling to be able to bring a smile on someone's face?

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely little thing in your own back yard! Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betty! Most of the little beautiful things are at home which we fail to observe!

      Delete
  3. Very pretty geranium! I love the color, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color of the beautiful flower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful, not only because i am biased to blues and purples, but because i have difficulty getting shots like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm familiar with this one. I believe it visited me in the garden once. Do they grow as wildflowers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it grows as a wildflower because it is not native. Good you too have seen it!

      Delete
  7. Lovely little flower. How do you know the name of these flowers??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anuradha. Well, from internet obviously! I had taken a free course from CA State Parks on IDing wildflowers, that helps a bit.

      Delete
  8. Those colors are just superb. Purple being my favorite. Wonder snap And again timely :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would appreciate to have your precious thoughts, suggestions and kind encouraging words in comments. Please do not include self-promotional links.I am encountering some problems because of these links and hence I may not publish them.